So, like, almost a month ago *cringe* I got awarded the sunshine blog award by Em @ Shout with Emaginette.
Firstly, I’d like to apologise for taking so long to respond: I’ve had a seriously lot of stuff going on in my personal life, so my head has been focused elsewhere.
Secondly, I’d like to say a huge thanks to Em for the nomination.
So, let’s take a look at how this works.
The rules are to nominate 7-10 blogs and to share 7 things that others won’t know about you. If you would like you can follow this example and you can share excerpts/artwork/photos/etc. that you’ve not shown before.
Now, whilst I don’t intend nominating folk coz I’ve had quite a few awards this year, and I don’t like to keep poking peeps with these deals, I will say: If you wanna play? Have at it!
Now … onto my 7 ‘not-shared-on-the-Internet’ facts about me. 🙂
- I have broken the little toe on my right foot around 4 times. And I have broken the little toe on my left foot twice. Breaking your little toe hurts. BIG TIME! And now both my little toes are slightly deformed and somewhat fugly and I haven’t had shoes in a long time (other than flip-flops) that I’ve found comfortable spending more than a couple hours in.
- For many years, Mr B has had a nickname for me. The nickname has been going on so long, we can’t even remember how it came about, or when it started, or why it was chosen. The only thing is has in common with my own name is that it starts with a J. Mr B has his nickname for me tattooed along his inner right arm, and peeps look shocked when they find out his wife’s name is Julie and not this bizarre scribbling he has on his skin. AND the nickname he uses for me was the main inspiration for naming Jem for the Holloway Pack series. 😉
- Despite the fact that Mr B is a muchly tattooed bloke, I have never been inked myself. I also have no current piercings. Though I did used to have my ears pierced, and I once had a navel piercing that had to be taken out because it still hadn’t healed after six months thanks to Mini-Me being a baby and constantly kicking me in the stomach. I should have known it would be trouble when it poured of blood for 5 1/2 hours after having it done–even the piercer had never seen anything like it.
- With both of my pregnancies, I did the needle & thread test like something possessed to try and determine the gender of the baby–but I didn’t believe them anyway because I thought it was just old wives tales. And when my sister last got pregnant, we did the test on her with a necklace & crystal, and when it couldn’t make up it’s mind and kept stating one then the other, I told her she was either having twins or a hermaphrodite. I was wrong on both accounts. She just had a boy. 😉
- Up until December of 2011, I was worried sick that I’d never be able to write anything other than werewolves, and I’d spend the rest of my life trying to conjure new tales for those. Because ALL of my ideas were werewolf ones. And when they weren’t, they somehow ended up AS werewolf ones. Then I wrote Escort to Insanity. When that releases December this year in the Make Believe anthology, I’ll leave it to you guys to tell me if I’ve pulled it off or not. And when I write my YA (which, yes, I’m determined to do), there won’t be a werewolf in sight.
- All I want for my 40th birthday this year is a built in bookcase. There is a huge 3 foot gap deep in the wall between my living room & kitchen, because Mr B used to have a fish tank in there we could see from both sides. I want my new bookcase to go in there. Right now, all my books are pretty much in tidy piles, awaiting organisation. If Kayleigh of K-Books visited my house she would hyperventilate and suffer palpitations. Maybe I should hire her to come alphabetise my books once I have my case. Oh, and I should probably mention I want Mr B to build my bookcase. From scratch. I shall sulk if I don’t get it. 😉
- And an easy and short one to wrap up: I rarely drink anything fizzy (coke/lemonade/etc) because, whenever I do, I spend the next 30 minutes burping. Loudly. And it ain’t pretty.
There! 7 things you possibly never knew about me.
Now it’s your turn. Join in and play. You know you want to. 🙂
And whilst I have you here, let me just recap what this week holds in store. For the Eternal Blog Tour, I’ll be stopping at Urban Reader Girl & Love Romance Passion TODAY; Claire Gillian‘s blog tomorrow; Reviewing Shelf for a guest post + giveaway on Wednesday; and Keri Lake‘s blog on Friday. And HERE, please call back on Wednesday for a giveaway of CRUX by the awesome Julie Reece.
Have a great week.