In case you’re wondering, Judge Julie is ME. Ha!
Why? you ask.
Well, there is a challenge afoot and … well … someone needs to keep the participants in line.
When two of my writer friends, Jocelyn Adams and Aimee Laine, boldly and publicly challenged each other in a race to the finish line in writing their current NiP’s the fighting talk commenced between the deadly duo.
Of course, they asked me to participate, but thanks to the edits due Book #2 of the Holloway Pack Stories (and the fact I type at, like, half the speed they do), I politely declined …
BUT a judge was still needed.
So … as judge (chortle) I get to make up some rules.
1) The author canNOT write garbage. Each and every word must be relevant. No waffling (who d’you think you are? Me?)!
2) You must both post your current word count in the comments section of this blog post, as well as your intended/estimated goal.
3) You may each use whatever distraction techniques you deem necessary to give yourselves an advantage.
4) You may toss complains my way about your challenger’s stalling methods, but you may NOT ask me to step in and mediate on them. I fully intend to remain impartial.
5) Once you have written a bone fide conclusion to your novel, you will send the finished article to me via e-mail. I will check the word count, and I will also skim through to validate that you haven’t written garbage and that you have a worthy ending.
6) Whoever sends me their finished novel first AND has me declare it a worthy product will be announced the winner!
7) The winner will get to revel in their greatness in whatever way they choose.
8) The loser will be expected to a) write a blog post bowing to the brilliance of the winner, and b) send chocolate (weighing no less than 100grams) to the winner.
RIGHT … LET THE GAMES COMMENCE!
What a great motivational tool this could turn out to be, eh? What ideas have you come up with to spur your fingers into action?